L2R: Charity Training Group
The 2017 L2R season has come to a close - keep an eye out here for 2018 info, coming in early 2018
Love2Reach, or L2R, is a training group for walkers and runners who want to give back to their community. We train, we fundraise, and we have a lot of fun along the way. Our goal events for 2017 are the MingoMan Triathlon, New Albany Walking Classic, the Columbus Marathon & Half Marathon, and the Baltimore Running Festival.
As we train for these races, our charity for 2017 is Canine Companions for Independence, North Central Region. Registration the L2R is $35, which covers our group expenses. After that, the funds that we raise go towards our chosen charity each year. If you’d like to learn more about L2R and how you can reach your own goals, join us for an info session this spring:
- Mon, February 6th, 6:00pm - Triathlon Interest Meeting at Columbus Running Company in Dublin (6465 Perimeter Drive, Dublin). Come learn all about our tri program, meet your coaches, and learn about Canine Companions for Independence, our charity. Triathlon training begins on February 14th.
- Saturdays, February - June - Check your triathlon training schedule for info on training times and locations.
- Mon, February 27th, 6:00pm - Interest Meeting at Columbus Running Company in Westerville (50 N. State Street, in Westerville). Join us for a chance to have your questions answered as you meet your coaches & learn about Canine Companions for Independence.
- Tues, April 4th, 6:30pm - Interest Meeting at Columbus Running Company in Dublin (6465 Perimeter Drive, Dublin). Join us for a chance to have your questions answered as you meet your coaches & learn about Canine Companions for Independence.
- Sat, June 3rd, 7:30am - First Group Workout for Our Walk and Run Program - We’ll be meeting at the Columbus Running Company in Dublin for our first group walk & run. Hope you’re excited!
- Saturdays, June - October - Check your training schedule for info on future group runs & walks as we’ll be alternating locations between the Columbus Running Company and various area Metro Parks. You’ll have the chance to put in some miles throughout our great city. Enjoy the tour.
Together, let’s reach our goals in 2017 while giving back to our community.