L2R: Charity Training Group
Love2Reach, or L2R, is a training group for walkers, runners, and triathletes who want to give back to their community. We train, we fundraise, and we have a lot of fun along the way. Our goal events for 2018 are the New Albany Walking Classic, the Virginia Beach Half Marathon, the Deer Creek Fall Challenge Triathlon, and the NCH Columbus Marathon & Half Marathon.
As we train for these races, our charity for 2018 is Children's Hunger Alliance. Registration for L2R is $35, which covers our group expenses. After that, 100% of the funds that we raise go towards our chosen charity each year. If you’d like to learn more about L2R and how you can reach your own goals, join us for an info session this spring:
- Thursday, February 15th, 6:30pm - Run, Walk, & Triathlon Interest Meeting at Columbus Running Company in Dublin (6465 Perimeter Drive, Dublin). Come learn all about our run, walk, and tri programs, meet your coaches, and learn about Children's Hunger Alliance, our charity. Triathlon training begins on May 1st.
- Wednesday, March 28th, 6:30pm - Run, Walk, & Triathlon Interest Meeting at Columbus Running Company in Dublin (6465 Perimeter Drive, Dublin). Join us for a chance to have your questions answered as you meet your coaches & learn about Children's Hunger Alliance.
- Monday, April 23rd, 6:30pm - Final Interest Meeting for Runners, Walkers, & Triathletes at Columbus Running Company in Westerville (50 N. State Street, Westerville). Join us for a chance to have your questions answered as you meet your coaches & learn about Children's Hunger Alliance.
- Saturday, May 5th, 7:30am - First Group Workout for Our Triathlon, Walk, and Run Programs - We’ll be meeting at the Columbus Running Company in Dublin for our first group walk & run. Hope you’re excited!
- Saturdays, May - October - Check your training schedule for info on future group runs & walks as we’ll be alternating locations between the Columbus Running Company and various area Metro Parks. You’ll have the chance to put in some miles throughout our great city. Enjoy the tour.
Together, let’s reach our goals in 2018 while giving back to our community.